Hilton has announced plans to double its portfolio in Puerto Rico by 2025.
Puerto Rico already represents Hilton’s largest collection of hotels in the Caribbean, with seven existing properties encompassing more than 2,350 rooms across four of Hilton’s brands.
“Puerto Rico plays a critical role in Hilton’s history, as it kick-started the company’s global growth when it welcomed Hilton’s first hotel outside the Continental United States in 1949 with the opening of the iconic Caribe Hilton,” said Pablo Maturana, vice-president, Development, Caribbean and Latin America, Hilton. “Nearly 75 years later, our deep-seated commitment to Puerto Rico is as strong as ever, as we plan to introduce Hilton’s brands in new destinations across the island of enchantment.”
As a priority destination for Hilton in the Caribbean, the company’s development pipeline of nearly 10 hotels features five new-to-market brands, with plans to introduce the first Curio Collection by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Tru by Hilton and Homewood Suites by Hilton to the island.
These additions would build the company’s presence to 16 hotels and resorts encompassing nearly 4,400 rooms across eight brands in Puerto Rico.
Pipeline highlights include the following:
- Tapestry Collection by Hilton is expected to make its brand debut later this year with the 186-room Condado Palm Inn San Juan, Tapestry Collection by Hilton.
- Curio Collection by Hilton plans to welcome its first hotel to the island in 2025, with the 332-room San Juan Condado Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton, which will debut following a full renovation as part of a dual-branded conversion that sees The Condado Plaza Hilton towers renewed as a Curio Collection by Hilton and a Hilton Garden Inn.
- The first Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Puerto Rico is expected to debut later this year with the 240-room Hilton Garden Inn San Juan Condado, which forms part of the dual-branded renovation and conversion of The Condado Plaza Hilton. A second Hilton Garden Inn property, the 153-room Hilton Garden Inn Dorado, is slated to join the portfolio in 2025.
- The first Tru by Hilton property on the island is anticipated in 2025, with the 77-room Tru by Hilton San Juan Condado.
- Two Hampton by Hilton properties are planned for 2025, with the 138-room Hampton by Hilton San Juan City Center and the 120-room Hampton by Hilton Ponce.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton intends to open its first hotel in Puerto Rico with the anticipated 2025 opening of the 118-room Homewood Suites by Hilton San Juan City Center.
Hilton’s current Puerto Rico offering includes Caribe Hilton (beach and exterior shown in image at top of post), Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort, The Condado Plaza Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton San Juan, Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, and Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton San Juan.