EDITION Hotels has opened its first property in Italy – The Rome EDITION.
The 91-key luxury hotel is a few short steps from the world-renowned Via Veneto and close to many of the Eternal City’s major attractions, including the Piazza Barberini, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain and the Borghese Gardens.
The Rome Edition is housed in a rationalist style building that was built in the 1940s and formerly occupied by one of the main Italian banks. Created by Cesare Pascoletti in collaboration with famed architect Marcello Piacentini, the building features a central staircase of rare cipollino marble from the quarries of Apuane.
The building’s transformation into The Rome Edition was conceived and programmed by entrepreneur Ian Schrager, and executed and interpreted by its owners, Statuto Group. Original features are retained throughout, including the central courtyards and original statues and lamps.
Property highlights include:
- The Lobby – The social heart of the hotel it features 22-foot-high ceilings and travertine floors and walls. White custom fabric sofas and coffee tables inspired by Manuel Coltri sit next to petrified wood side tables and standing lamps. Guests relax, have a drink and maybe play a few games of pool on the custom-made table.
- 74 guestrooms and 17 suites with custom-designed beds in Canaletto light walnut wood, Peperino stone and custom bedside tables, custom-made chairs in beige leather, walnut wood herringbone flooring, and bathrooms with custom Carrara marble basins, brushed brass fixtures and signature EDITION Le Labo amenities.
- A signature restaurant called Anima, which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Helmed by Roman chef Paola Colucci, the hotel’s chef partner, it features an open kitchen design and a menu of traditional Italian dishes with a modern twist and international outlook.
- A courtyard garden with more than 400 plants and a cascade of climbing Jasmine. Both a piazza and dining space, it provides outdoor seating for Anima on one side and a relaxed all-day terrace offering a menu of light bites on the other.
- Two unique bars on the ground floor: Punch Room and Jade Bar. The Punch Room, a speakeasy bar, is Edition’s signature bar concept. The dark walnut wood bar has a Rosso Levanto marble fireplace, custom armchairs in rosewood and dark brown leather and amaranth-colored velvet sofas. Jade Bar is a jewel box-like space decorated with floor-to-ceiling green antique marble with accents of satin brass and gold.
- The Roof, which is located on the seventh floor, offers unobstructed views of the city’s skyline and landmarks including the Pantheon, Acqua Paola Fountain, and Basilica of Sant’Andrea della Valle. It features a large bar area, a travertine plunge pool surrounded by daybeds in solid oiled teak, as well as custom bronze metal vases along the outside edge of the terrace. Here, guests can swim, enjoy a drink at the bar counter, and sample raw and cooked dishes from Chef Colucci.