Bangkok-based Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spa continues its European expansion with the recent opening of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel on the French Riviera.
Centrally located at the entrace to Nice’s Golden Square, Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel overlooks Albert 1er Gardens and the Promenade des Anglais, the most famous stretch of seafront in the city.
The property, which was one of the most storied hotels on the Côte d’Azur, is reopening with 151 guestrooms including 38 suites, many with sea-facing terraces and balconies; a new Anantara Spa; six meeting rooms and and a ballroom; and a rooftop restaurant and bar with a 360-degree panormanic view of the Baie des Anges and Old Nice.
The renovation of the property was carried out by a consortium of interior designers and architects including David Collins Studio, local architect Jean-Paul Gomis and TBC Studio. Together, they delivered interiors that blend old-world elegance with contemporary luxuries. The design honours the neo-classical style of the original hotel, which originally opened in 1848 as Nice’s first luxury hotel.
Highlights of Anantara Plaza Nice Hotel include:
- guestrooms with marble-clad interiors that feature pastel tones and Mediterranean textures with subtle accents of wood and gold;
- the 592-square-foot Baie des Anges Signature Suite featuring a spacious living area, a kitchenette and a panoramic terrace overlooking the world-famous Baie;
- a 800+ square-foot Presidential Suite on the 5th floor;
- five brand-new multifunctional meeting and event spaces, ranging in size from 270 square feet to 3,326 square feet, able to accommodate groups of up to 300 people;
- Anantara Spa with five treatment rooms, a hammam and a sauna;
- a signature restaurant – SEEN by Oliver – helmed by Portuguese chef-entrepreneur Olivier da Costa, which is located on the hotel’s rooftop, offering view of the city and Baie des Anges from indoor and outdoor tables;
- and a cavier and champagne lounge at Les Colonnades.
The city of Nice has recently been classified by UNESCO as a winter resort town of the French Riviera. Anantara Plaza Nice will offer a range of experiences and activities, such as:
- a full-day “In the Footsteps of Coco Chanel” tour, which includes a visit to the renowned designer’s official residence in Nice, and a tour of one of France’s oldest wineries, Château de Cremat;
- and an art of glass-blowing experience that sees guests picked up at the hotel in a classic Citroëon 2CV and driven to the medieval village of Biot to learn the basics of the craft and create their own small glass object.