As part of its phased reopening, Atlantis Paradise Island will begin welcoming guests at The Royal and Harborside Resort on July 7th, and at The Cove on July 14th.
To ensure the safety of guests and employees, Atlantis has launched the Atlantis Clean & Safe Promise, a set of enhanced cleaning and sanitization policies. Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, The Bahamas Ministry of Health has reported zero active cases of the disease on Paradise Island.
“We’re thrilled to welcome guests and team members back to Atlantis,” said Audrey Oswell, president and managing director, Atlantis Paradise Island. “Nothing matters more than the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, team members, and the local community. The Atlantis Clean & Safe Promise is our commitment to working with global health experts to provide a safe and healthy environment for everyone who enters our doors.”
Atlantis reports that it will be reopening most of its amenities with physical distancing and enhanced cleaning practices in place. These amenities include Atlantis Casino, 20 indoor and outdoor dining outlets, beaches, pools, non-motorized sports, golf, tennis, fitness center, Mandara Spa, Aquaventure slides, Dolphin Cay, The Dig and more. Group and meeting opportunities, including events, will also be available to guests.
The reopening of Atlantis will coincide with the fifth phase of The Bahamas’ COVID-19 de-escalation plan and the resumption of international commercial travel, including flights by major U.S. airlines and Air Canada to The Bahamas, on July 1, 2020. Guidelines from The Bahamas Ministry of Tourism & Aviation will require travellers to present a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test upon arrival.
Atlantis Clean & Safe Promise
Developed in partnership with Cleveland Clinic, one of the leading medical centres in the U.S., the Atlantis Clean & Safe Promise protocols and practices meet or exceed guidelines set forth by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, Bahamas Ministry of Health, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and World Health Organization.
Key components of the program include:
- Pre-arrival precautions that encourage guests to follow self-screening protocols and stay home and quarantine if they have reason to believe they have been exposed to the virus.
- Expedited check-in via smartphone available 24 hours before arrival.
- Mandatory wearing of masks by guests in elevators and while playing casino table games. Strongly encouraging guests to wear masks in all indoor public spaces.
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations with no less than 60 percent alcohol-based sanitizer available throughout the resort.
- Signage to remind guide and remind guests and team members of enhanced protocols such as washing hands, coughing/sneezing etiquette, avoid touching faces and physical distancing.
- Increased frequency of deep, daily cleaning and sanitization throughout the resort, with a focus on high-touch surfaces in common areas. Cleaning will be done using EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectants, electrostatic sprayers, and UV-C light technology.
- With few exceptions, team members will be required to wear masks while on property.
- Mandatory screening and temperature scans for team members every day before entering the property.
- Comprehensive training on new health and safety protocols (proper wearing and use of PPE while on property, hand-washing, disinfection, physical distancing, etc.) for team members.
- Requiring contractors and suppliers to meet all protocols before being granted access to Atlantis facilities.