Bulgaria is expected to welcome five new Hyatt all-inclusive resorts in 2023 and 2024.
Located in Sunny Beach (shown above) and Obzor along Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast, the five all-inclusive resorts will bring the Secrets Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, and Alua Hotels & Resorts brand experiences to what are two of Europe’s top beach destinations.
Less than a year ago, Hyatt Hotels Corporation acquired Apple Leisure Group (ALG), a leading resort brand management platform, as part of its efforts to expand The Inclusive Collection brand and to continue strengthening its leadership position in the luxury all-inclusive category.
“The planned addition of these new properties adds to the considerable momentum of our brands in European destinations,” said Jaime de la Mata, senior vice-president of Business Development, EAME, at ALG. “These five distinct resorts will expand our brands into the largest leisure destination in the Black Sea that has become very popular for travelers from key markets including the United Kingdom, Germany, and the Czech Republic.”
Following renovations, four of the properties are set to open under their new brands next summer (2023), with the fifth resort expected to open in 2024. The Bulgaria properties are:
- Secrets Resort & Spa – Located in the Sunny Beach area, the 335-room resort will continue operating as an adults-only following a rebrand and renovation project.
- Dreams Resort & Spa – Located adjacent to Secrets Resort & Spa, the 597-room property will cater to the high-end, family-friendly segment.
- AluaSun – The 191-room hotel, located in the seaside town of Obzor, will offer an all-inclusive product equipped with superb outdoor facilities.
- Alua Resort – Also located in Obzor, the resort will offer 318 rooms and an ideal environment for families, couples and groups seeking a vacation in a relaxed, exclusive atmosphere.
- Breathless Resort & Spa – Located in the center of Sunny Beach, the 395-room resort will reopen after an extensive renovation project expected to be completed in 2024.
“We are thrilled to help bring Hyatt’s Inclusive Collection brands to Bulgaria and further position the Black Sea coast as an attractive holiday destination with ever-growing popularity. This also represents an opportunity to present a superior quality of all-inclusive product to the discerning traveler. We are pleased to be working with a knowledgeable and innovative collaborator to support the further development of our properties in the country,” said Lachezar Todorov, CEO, Terra Tour Service EOOD.
“Terra Tour Service and Hyatt have been successfully collaborating since the opening of Hyatt Regency Sofia in 2020. We are pleased to work with them on the conversion of these five distinct Black Sea properties and bring the Inclusive Collection to guests, World of Hyatt members and customers,” said Takuya Aoyama, vice-president of Development, EAME, Hyatt. “We are confident that this new chapter of our relationship will help to further strengthen Bulgaria’s position as a quality holiday destination.”