The Events Industry Council (EIC) has announced the election of its 2022 Board of Directors.
Cathy Breden, CMP, CAE, CEM, executive vice-president and chief operating officer at IAEE (International Association of Exhibitions and Events) and chief executive officer of CEIR (Center for Exhibition Industry Research) transitions to Chair of the EIC, having held the role of chair-elect in 2021.
In her new position, Breden will be a key representative of the association and support EIC’s CEO, Amy Calvert, and EIC’s standing committees and task forces as they create and implement new research and products to support the global events industry in its recovery. Breden will also be responsible for ensuring that EIC progresses towards its Vision 2025 and will have a key focus on growing EIC’s membership internationally where there is an opportunity to implement its education, certification, and accreditation programs.
“Over the past year, I have seen firsthand how the guidance and information published by the EIC has benefited the global events sector in its recovery,” said Breden. “I would personally like to thank the entire 2021 board, in particular Mark Cooper and Paul Van Deventer, for their dedication in what has been a tremendously challenging time for us all.
“I am incredibly excited for the year ahead and alongside the Board of Directors, Amy and committee and task forces members, will continue to drive and develop EIC’s reach and offering to further support the industry in its recovery.”
- Jason Dunn Sr., immediate past chairman, National Coalition of Black Meeting Professionals (NCBMP)
- Jennifer Glynn, CIS, CITP, 2020 president, Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE)
- Stephanie Harris, president, The Incentive Research Foundation (IRF)
- Brad Mayne, CVE, president and CE, International Association of Venue Managers (IAVM)
Continuing their terms on the Board of Directors are:
- Mark Cooper, CEO – IACC (International Association of Conference Centres)
- Senthil Gopinath, CEO – ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association)
- Ana Maria Viscasillas, MBA, CDME, DES, vice-president, Board of Directors, COCAL (Federación de Entidades Organizadoras de Congresos y Afines de Latino América)
Amy Calvert, CEO of Events Industry Council, said: “I would like to thank the 2021 Board of Directors for their tireless efforts in supporting and guiding the EIC through what has been another uncertain year for the industry. In 2021, we had a number of significant successes, launching valuable resources and programs to further develop and support our industry in its recovery.
“As we move into a new year, I am looking forward to working with our new and returning board members, partners, and volunteer leaders as we continue to build on the momentum and achievements of 2021, with the introduction of some impactful and innovative projects focused on supporting our sector, building capabilities and resilience with an emphasis on people, planet and purpose.”