Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is on track to grow significantly in 2019. The luxury hospitality company will be opening nine new hotels and resorts around the world this year, as well as continuing the expansion of its residential portfolio.
“Four Seasons is well positioned for continued success in 2019 with the steady and strategic growth of our global portfolio,” says Christian Clerc, president, Worldwide Hotel Operations, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts. “Our portfolio continues to grow at a healthy pace, as we focus on projects of the highest quality, in the destinations where our guests want to be. We remain committed to offering the very highest standards of hospitality as we expand with a diverse collection of properties, including our entry in Greece and Spain, our first resort set within a world-class vineyard in Napa Valley, and the opening of our first standalone residences in London.”
Clerc continues, “With a continued focus on our residential portfolio, we are solidifying our market position as the world leader in luxury branded residential offerings. Eight of the nine new anticipated openings this year include a residential component, affirming the growing importance of branded residences to Four Seasons growth strategy as well as luxury consumers who want to live with our brand and make Four Seasons their home.”
2019 Portfolio Openings
Now numbering 111 hotels and resorts in 47 countries – including recent openings in Desroches Island, Seychelles; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and São Paulo, Brazil – Four Seasons is planning to open the following new hotels, resorts and private residences in 2019:
- Four Seasons Astir Palace Hotel Athens – This project marks the entry of Four Seasons in Greece with the transformation of the famed Astir Palace on the Athenian Riviera. The hotel will offer 303 rooms and bungalows along three private beaches with three pools, a spa and seven restaurants and lounges.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Bangkok at Chao Phraya River –The return of Four Seasons to Thailand’s capital is scheduled to open this year as the fourth property in the company’s Four Seasons Thailand collection. The all-new complex spans nine acres (3.6 hectares) and 656 feet (200 metres) of prime river frontage with open courtyards, water features and works of art. Ballrooms offer river views and outdoor spaces that are ideal for weddings and events while three restaurants and a Latin American-inspired social club bring glamour to the riverside lifestyle. The property has 299 rooms and suites, many with large outdoor terraces, as well as 366 Private Residences.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Bengaluru at Embassy ONE – Set in the heart of India’s technology hub as part of the prestigious new Embassy ONE development, the property will feature 230 rooms, 105 Private Residences and prime commercial retail space. Amenities include an outdoor pool and a spa. Four Seasons Hotel Bengaluru joins its sister property in Mumbai as the second Four Seasons in India.
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Los Cabos at Costa Palmas – Just a short flight from California, this oceanfront resort in the Baja Peninsula will soon be home to the third Four Seasons in Mexico. Located on the East Cape on a swimmable stretch of the Sea of Cortez, the resort will include 141 rooms as well as a selection of Private Residences with private yacht slips and a Robert Trent Jones Jr. golf course, within the exclusive Costa Palmas development.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Madrid – A meticulous restoration and conversion of several historic buildings in the heart of the city’s famed Canalejas district is entering its final stages, with the 200 room Four Seasons as the company’s first location in Spain. The property will also incorporate 22 Private Residences.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Montreal – The company’s fourth property in Canada will open in the heart of Montreal’s best shopping neighbourhood, within a development that will mark the city’s very best lifestyle offerings. Guests can look forward to an all-new 169 room hotel and 18 Private Residences connected to the new Holt Renfrew Ogilvy in the Golden Square Mile neighbourhood, as well as the first Canadian restaurant by renowned chef Marcus Samuelsson.
- Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa Valley – Four Seasons first resort immersed within an estate winery is being developed in partnership with acclaimed winemaker Thomas Rivers Brown. It will be part of the all-new resort set among the mountains and vineyards of one of the world’s top wine-producing regions. The resort is Four Seasons eighth location in California. It will have 85 rooms and 20 residences.
- Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences One Dalton Street, Boston – Four Seasons will open its second property in Boston’s prestigious Back Bay neighbourhood. This sleek, 61-storey skyscraper will be home to 215 hotel rooms and 160 Private Residences. It will also include a Zuma restaurant, the renowned Japanese Izakaya with outposts in London, Miami, New York and Las Vegas.
- Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia at Comcast Center – The company’s return to the city will showcase the future of hospitality in Philadelphia’s tallest building. At 60 storeys and with 219 rooms, the property will showcase advanced technologies from Comcast as well as world-class dining experiences by top chefs Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Greg Vernick, and florals by celebrated creative director Jeff Leatham.
Additional future projects recently announced include hotels, resorts and residences in Dalian, China; Makkah, Saudi Arabia; Hanoi, Vietnam; and Caye Chapel, Belize.