The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand debuted in New York City on November 8, 2022, with the opening of Grayson Hotel, an industrial-chic property in Midtown Manhattan.
Design and décor elements in the hotel’s 296 guestrooms and suites include:
- A collection of artworks curated by Indie Wells, a full-service global art consultancy;
- interiors with exposed concrete ceilings;
- bathrooms with subway tiles;
- vintage books and objects that represent the city’s industrial accomplishments, past and present;
- interconnected suites (Fourth Floor) with balconies;
- butler-style mini bar service offering to-go craft cocktails and locally sourced snacks and beverages;
- Lather bath and body products in bamboo lemongrass scent;
- and custom-designed hoodie bathrobes;
NYC-based hospitality company Apicii will open multiple dining experiences at Grayson Hotel beginning this fall.
The ground floor all-day dining restaurant, Harta, will offer a pan-Mediterranean brasserie featuring a menu that explores regional cuisine. Bar Harta, a wine and tapas bar with a seasonal patio, will welcome guests on the second floor. And Bar Cima, a rooftop mezcaleria on the 28th floor, offers indoor-outdoor seating and delivers views from the Empire State Building to the East and Hudson Rivers.
The property also has 700 square feet of meeting and event space, and a 24-hour fitness center—GRIT—featuring SoulCycle commercial bikes, TRX treadmills, a StairMaster HIIT machine, dumbbells, cross trainers, and more.
Marcello Pozzi, founder and principal of MarceLLO Pozzi architecture & design (MLLO) is responsible for the architecture and design of Grayson Hotel. The Setting New York developed and implemented the guestroom design elements.
The new-build hotel is owned, developed and managed by the Fortuna Hotel Collection. It is located at 30 West 39th Street.
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand includes 35 unique hotels around the world with the addition of Grayson Hotel.