“We are very pleased by the enthusiasm we are seeing from guests ready to come back to Las Vegas,” said Bill Hornbuckle, MGM Resorts’ Acting CEO and president. “As business demand increases, we are able to open additional properties and bring more of our employees back to work. Getting people back to work coupled with providing a safer environment for our employees and our guests are our top priorities.”
Amenities available to guests upon the resort’s reopening include the full casino, the pool complex with pool slide and Drenched Pool Café, the Fun Dungeon Arcade, a variety of bars and dining destinations, and the hotel’s fitness centre.
Health & Safety
The resort will reopen under MGM Resorts’ comprehensive Seven-Point Safety Plan, a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 virus, protect customers and employees, and rapidly respond to potential new cases. Key initiatives include:
- Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training
- COVID-19 testing offered for employees as they return to work in partnership with the local medical community
- Employees will be required to wear masks.
- Guests will be strongly encouraged to wear masks, and in some settings (e.g. table games where physical barriers are not in place, elevators if not riding with their travel group) where physical distancing is more difficult and/or barriers do not exist, will be required to do so.
- A physical distancing policy will be implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders.
- Plexiglas barriers or other measures to reduce risk put in place in areas where physical distancing presents challenges.
- Standalone handwashing stations designed by MGM Resorts on casino floors.
- Contactless check-in through the MGM Resorts App
- Guestroom attendants will wear gloves and masks while cleaning each room and will change gloves between guestrooms.
- Increased and enhanced cleaning of guestrooms and public spaces based on CDC guidelines, with electrostatic sprayers used in many large public spaces so disinfectant is applied efficiently.
- Digital menus available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the company’s food and beverage outlets.
- An internal team and processes to respond if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19, including a dedicated email address (email@example.com) for guests to use to alert the property should they test positive for COVID-19 after visiting any MGM property. MGM will immediately report any positive test results to the local health department and assist with contact tracing to support the health department investigators.