Mondrian Seoul Itaewon is now open. It is the fifth property in the Mondrian portfolio and the brand’s first hotel in Asia Pacific.
“We are proud to introduce the first Mondrian in Asia Pacific together with our partner sbe,” said Michael Issenberg, chairman and CEO of Accor Asia Pacific. “The Mondrian brand captivates the energy of Seoul with its creativity, revolutionary design and exciting bars and restaurants. Seoul is one of Asia’s most dynamic cities and is renowned for its colourful K-pop scene and fashion-forward vision, while remaining deeply rooted in culture and tradition. The opening of Mondrian Seoul Itaewon will provide a complete lifestyle hotel experience in the heart of Seoul’s most vibrant district.”
Chadi Farhat, chief operating officer, Middle East & Europe for sbe, said that the property was the first of many exciting projects in collaboration with Accor, “which will expand not just the Mondrian brand, but all sbe brands throughout key markets globally.”
Mondrian Seoul Itaewon
Mondrian is a lifestyle brand, offering design and creative concepts tailored to the local destination. The Mondrian Seoul Itaewon features:
- an outdoor pool with a spacious viewing deck overlooking the city;
- the Altitude pool bar, which serves a range of exotic cocktails, mocktails and fine wines with casual bites;
- Asia’s first Cleo restaurant (Miami vibes and Mediterranean cuisine) in its lobby;
- Privilege rooftop bar, offering a wide selection of whiskeys and wines alongside eclectic live performances;
- the Rumpus Room and Blind Spot, which provide more intimate settings for after-work dinners or to relax and chill with the sounds of an in-house DJ;
- a more than 9,300-square-foot ballroom with integrated LED screen;
- and five meeting rooms.
Mondrian Seoul Itaewon joins the brand’s properties in Los Angeles, New York, South Beach and Doha. Accor and sbe expect to open the Mondrian Bordeaux and Mondrian Cannes in 2021 and will soon announce Mondrian properties in Australia, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Puerto Rico, Singapore and Vietnam. The brand is projected to grow its portfolio to approximately 15 properties by 2022.