Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport, the largest hotel project to open in the Massachusetts capital in decades, celebrated its grand opening last week.
Located in the city’s burgeoning Seaport, South Boston Waterfront District, the two-tower, 1,054-key property is a joint venture between Omni Hotels & Resorts, New Boston Hospitality, a group of Boston-based real estate firms and investors, including The Davis Companies, Washington Capital Management (on behalf of one or more of its investment clients), Spot On Ventures, The Taylor Smith Group, Boston Urban Development, and 39 local minority investors.
It is the first project developed under the “Massport Model,” which sets a new standard for integrating diversity and inclusion into every facet of the development and operation of public/private development projects.
The hotel’s design, exterior and interior, was executed by Boston-based Elkus Manfredi Architects; waldrop + nichols, a Texas-based woman/minority-owned, interior design firm; and Moody Nolan and Stull and Lee, Inc., two minority-owned, architectural design firms, both based in Boston.
Highlights of the property include:
- The largest hotel ballroom in Boston and 100,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting and event space, spanning four levels. Spaces include the 3,000-square-foot outdoor Elevate Balcony that has westward views of the Boston skyline and the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC), which is located directly across the street.
- A gallery-like lobby featuring a one-of-a-kind platform stage, inspired by the steps outside of the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston, and a curated collection of contemporary artworks (paintings, sculptures, murals, and other media) created by some of the city’s brightest artists
- Two, 22-storey guestroom towers, each with its own personality: Inspired by Boston’s rich performing arts heritage, The Patron Tower has spacious, elegant rooms with clean lines and rich furnishings and colour palette. The Artist Tower features guestrooms with an innovative layout and thoughtful, purposeful décor inspired by the creative design of an artist’s loft.
- A 2,000-square-foot Presidential Suite, located on the 22nd floor of the Patron Tower, comprised of two bedrooms, a private office space, a lounge with pool table, two fireplaces, a dining room with seating for eight, a private screening room, and a bathroom retreat with a walk-in shower and freestanding soaking tub.
- Seven distinct dining venues, five of which are helmed by award-winning executive chef Steve Peterson
Peter Strebel, president of Omni Hotels & Resorts, said the opening of Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport is a testament to Omni’s commitment to Boston and its ongoing development strategy.
“Boston is such a symbolic city in our nation’s history, and we look forward to extending our presence by bringing an entirely new hospitality experience to one of the city’s growing neighbourhoods. Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport is a true reflection of modern Boston.”