Marriott International today announced it has signed an agreement with Rua Al Madinah Holding Company to open eight hotels in the Holy City of Madinah in Saudi Arabia.
Located near the Prophet’s Mosque, Al Masjid An Nabawi, the planned properties will be part of the Rua Al Madinah Project (shown in image at top of post) which aims to elevate the service and travel experience for visitors of Madinah.
The anticipated openings will feature approximately 4,400 rooms across eight of the company’s brands – The Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels, Westin Hotels & Resorts, Le Méridien Hotels & Resorts, Four Points by Sheraton, Aloft Hotels, and Courtyard by Marriott.
“There is a strong demand for high-quality hotel accommodation in Madinah and we are delighted to work with Rua Al Madinah Holding Company to support the enhancement and diversification of the city’s hospitality landscape,” said Satya Anand, president, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Marriott International. “This multi-deal agreement also strengthens our footprint in Saudi Arabia where we continue to see strong growth momentum in line with the Kingdom’s vision for its tourism sector.”
“The agreement with one of the world’s leading hospitality operators brings the Rua Al Madinah Project a step closer to realizing its ambitions to further enrich Madinah city’s Hajj and Umrah services,” said Eng. Ahmed Al Juhani, CEO of Rua Al Madinah Holding Company. “This collaboration will culminate in the launch of eight new hotels and nearly 4,400 rooms that will serve both residents as well as visitors from around the world looking to visit Madinah.”
The eight planned properties are:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Rua Al Madinah – 151 rooms and suites, including a signature Ritz-Carlton suite; multiple dining concepts; a 5,380-square-foot ballroom; an expansive fitness centre; and Ritz Kids space
- JW Marriott Rua Al Madinah – 252 guestrooms and suites , multiple dining concepts, fitness center, and meeting rooms facilities
- Madinah Marriott Hotel Rua Al Madinah – 450 guestrooms and suites in addition to dining, recreation and meeting facilities
- Le Méridien Rua Al Madinah – 533 modern guestrooms and suites, three dining concepts, and recreation and meeting facilities
- The Westin Rua Al Madinah – 361 spacious rooms and suites, three dining outlets, a fitness centre, a kids club, and meeting facilities
- Four Points by Sheraton Rua Al Madinah – 777 rooms and apartments, two all-day dining concepts, meeting facilities, and a fitness centre
- Aloft Rua Al Madinah and Courtyard by Marriott Rua Al Madinah – a combined 1,810 rooms and suites, 11,840 square feet of meeting space facilities, and multiple dining and recreation offerings
Marriott currently has 36 properties and more than 10,000 rooms across 11 of its brands in Saudi Arabia.