SoHo is home to New York City’s newest luxury hotel—ModernHaus SoHo.
The 114-room property opened on April 28, 2021. It features an extensive modern and contemporary art collection, 11,000 square feet of outdoor space, and a signature restaurant from Michelin-starred chef George Mendes. It also sees the return of NYC’s downtown nightlife mainstay Jimmy’s and its iconic rooftop and pool deck with 360 views of lower Manhattan.
“ModernHaus Soho will be an extension of the neighbourhood’s creative and artistic spirit,” said Jack J. Sitt, director of Thor Equities Group. “As a resident of SoHo myself, I’m proud to help lead a project that breathes new life into the community after such a long and challenging year. Every element has been created in pursuit of greater connectedness between the guests, the city, and SoHo’s heritage. The building’s art and design reflects, and is inspired by, its immediate surroundings.”
Highlights of the property include:
- Guestrooms featuring panoramic city views with an abundance of natural light, accented by reclaimed wood floors and vibrant artwork.
- 10 different room categories, including five suites. (Photo at top of post: Skyline King Studio. Photo by Nikolas Koenig)
- A 1,300-square-foot Gallery Penthouse, located on the 16th floor with views of Manhattan Bridge and the Freedom Tower, featuring a separate living room and dining room complete with 12-person table.
- The Signature Room, a 3,100-square-foot event venue located on the lower level with a private dining room, terrazzo bar and pre-function seating area with velvet chairs and sofa.
- A one-of-a-kind art collection curated by Sitt, which includes paintings and sculptures from artists such as Alexander Calder, Hans Hartung, George Condo, Harland Miller, Jean Dubuffet, Hans Hofmann, Nicolas Party and Kaws.
- Veranda, the hotel’s restaurant helmed by George Mendes, serving a globally inspired American menu in a space designed in the style of a greenhouse, complete with a fully retractable roof for open-air dining.
- Jumpin Jacks, a breakfast and cocktail bar in a light-filled lounge area on the hotel’s second floor
ModernHaus SoHo represents the debut of the first-ever hospitality brand from Thor Equities Group, which is a global leader in urban real estate development, leasing and management.