Tahiti is now home to a new Hilton property, Hilton Hotel Tahiti.
Located in the capital city of Papeete, the 200-room property is two miles from the international airport, Fa’a’ā International Airport, and close to the downtown activities of Papeete and Maritime Port.
Formerly known as Hotel Tahiti, it sits on land that formed part of the Tahitian royal family estate. It was the first hotel in the destination to attract international attention in 1960.
The reimagined Hilton Hotel Tahiti features new interiors, concepts, and services. Renovated spaces and amenities include:
- Three onsite restaurants (Moevai -Tahitian fare, Taitea Brasserie – fish and steak with a French bent, and The Asian – southeast Asian cuisine) serving curated menus focused on sustainably sourced, fresh ingredients.
- Two bars—Heiva Lounge in the open-air lobby and Vaipuna poolside bar.
- The largest pool on the island, which overlooks Moorea Island and has six private cabanas and a poolside restaurant.
- A boutique-style spa and fitness center.
- The largest ballroom and meeting space in French Polynesia.
“With nearly 20 percent of Hilton Hotels & Resorts’ pipeline dedicated to growing our resort portfolio, Hilton Hotel Tahiti is an exciting addition to our flagship brands,” said Gary Steffen, global brand head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts. “As we anticipate more guests wanting to book travel to dream destinations like Tahiti, this beautiful new resort is a prime example of the premium amenities, exceptional service and exotic locale that our brand is known for throughout the world.”