The Goodtime Hotel, the first collaborative lifestyle hotel brand from David Grutman of Groot Hospitality and entertainer Pharrell Williams, is opening April 15, 2021 on Miami Beach’s Washington Avenue and 6th Street.
Grutman and Williams worked alongside real estate developers Michael Fascitelli and Eric Birnbaum of Imperial Companies in the development of the full square block between 6th and 7th Streets on Washington Avenue. The 266-key property’s interior and exterior design was handled by architect Morris Adjmi, designer Ken Fulk and landscape architect Raymond Jungles.
Highlights of The Goodtime Hotel include:
- overall design concept by Ken Fulk, channelling mid-century Caribbean and Central American resort towns such as Havana and Acapulco in their heydays (Think broad stripe pastel tiling, vintage scalloped bar seating, pinstripe awnings and more.);
- guestrooms featuring custom bedding, bespoke drapes with blackout option, leopard-print benches, Ortigia bath amenities, and a signature pink rotary dial phone;
- Grutman’s Strawberry Moon, a restaurant and 30,000 square foot pool club, serving classic and casual Mediterranean fare and an array of specialty cocktails for lunch and dinner, inside or poolside;
- 45,000 square feet of ground-floor retail;
- gym featuring MyBeast and Peloton equipment;
- and The Library, a sociable meeting ground within the hotel meant for anything from coffee to cocktails to casual business meet-and-greets.
“My first hotel needed to break the mold,” said David Grutman. “I wanted to provide the 360-degree Groot Hospitality experience that our other venues are known for, but I also wanted to add more. This is about providing a getaway within a town that’s already known as a vacation spot.
“When you arrive at the hotel and walk through our doors, it becomes a full-on experience. When you’re at the Goodtime, we want you to feel like your worries and anxieties have been left outside. I am proud to have worked closely with Pharrell, Michael, Eric and Ken on bringing this hotel to life.”
Pharrell Williams explained, “We want The Goodtime Hotel to impart a feeling of both revitalization and that rare, exciting thrill that takes over when you discover something special. It’s that adrenaline-fueled sensation of entering a whole new setting and a whole new mindset. This place will provide a natural good time, for all who come through.”