Celebrity Cruises CEO and president, Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, has unveiled the third ship in the company’s industry-leading Edge Series®.
Celebrity Beyond (SM) showcases the design talents of British designer Kelly Hoppen CBE, American designer Nate Berkus and Paris-based design firm Jouin Manku; the innovation of British architect Tom Wright; and the culinary gifts of Michelin-starred chef and restaurateur Daniel Boulud. It will also feature experiences and products from goop CEO and founder Gwyneth Paltrow, the brand’s new well-being advisor. The ship will depart on her maiden voyage on April 27, 2022, from Southhampton, England.
“Celebrity Cruises has always been an innovator at sea, and now we have challenged the status quo with a vessel that goes beyond expectations, beyond imagination,” said Lutoff-Perlo. “Celebrity Beyond shatters any and every preconceived notion of the cruising experience. This exquisite ship offers a journey at the intersection of elegance and approachability filled with what’s important to our guests today; forward-thinking design, culinary excellence, unparalleled well-being and incomparable service.”
The design of the ship builds on the features and design of its award-winning predecessors Celebrity Edge (2018) and Celebrity Apex (2020). Highlights include:
- The Retreat® (shown in image at top of post), an exclusive resort-within-a-resort for suite guests, which includes a new two-storey sundeck ;
- Transformed accommodations from modern two-storey villas with private plunge pools to staterooms with infinite verandas, blurring the boundaries between indoor and outdoor living;
- An expanded Rooftop Garden and stunning Resort Deck featuring unique cantilevered float pools;
- A multi-level, multi-terraced Sunset Bar redefining the ship’s aft;
- A first-ever Daniel Boulud fine-dining restaurant at sea;
- A boldly redesigned Grand Plaza spanning three decks, creating an airy and open indoor space;
- And, the return of the Magic Carpet®, an engineering feat soaring cantilevered above the sea that offers guests uninterrupted views as they sip cocktails or have dinner.
“With Celebrity Beyond, we saw an opportunity to take the extraordinary features of Celebrity Edge—like the focus on the connection with the ocean and the grand spaces—and really amplify them,” said Richard Fain, Chairman of Royal Caribbean Group, parent company of Celebrity Cruises. “We focused on providing more openness, height and spaciousness throughout the ship’s most popular spaces. The end result is a next generation ship that embodies the intersection of architecture and design.”