Omni Viking Lakes Hotel is now welcoming guests. The 320-key property is Omni Hotels & Resorts’ first expansion into Minnesota.
The four-star, full-service hotel is owned by MV Ventures, Ecolab, Cambria and Viking Lakes Hotel Physician Partners. It is located in the Viking Lakes development in Eagan, Minnesota. The development is anchored by the National Football League Minnesota Vikings‘ headquarters and practice facility. When complete the development will include corporate offices, retail, restaurants, and entertainment.
“We acknowledge the unprecedented hardships our industry, the nation, and particularly, the residents of this great state have gone through in recent months,” said Brent Glashan, the hotel’s general manager. “The opening of this ambitious project is a testament to the resiliency of Minnesotans and everyone who has worked on this hotel, and it demonstrates a collective optimism and hope for the future.”
The property opens following Omni Hotels & Resorts’ Safe & Clean program, launched in May. It is also a participant in the Ecolab Science Certified™ program.
Key features of Omni Viking Lakes Hotel include:
- an overall design featuring elements inspired by the American Nordic landscape (Northern Lights, forests, etc.);
- 35,000 square feet of meeting and event space;
- four restaurants and bar offerings (Ember & Ice, an upscale lounge; Keras Bar, located in the lobby; Ten Drops, a coffee bar and market; and Kyndred Hearth, with James Beard award-winning chef Ann Kim at the helm of the menu);
- state-of-the-art fitness center and an indoor pool;
- full-service Idlewild Spa, which offers traditional treatments alongside a full Scandinavian heat-cool-relax cycle facility that allows for a broad range of beauty regimes and relaxation techniques;
- and six two-storey hospitality lounges, each outfitted with a dining room table that converts to a poker table, floor-to-ceiling fireplace and windows, and full kitchen.
The hotel and development have been supported by several Minnesota-based companies:
- ESG Architecture & Design led the design;
- Kraus Anderson served as the general contractor;
- Cambria produced the countertops and shower walls;
- Ecoloab consulted on public health and food safety protocols and partnered on a full suite of cleaning, sanitation and water treatment solutions;
- and artist Kevin Showell created and designed the custom entry columns that feature hand-carved, Nordic-inspired artwork.