The 492-key Renaissance Austin Hotel has unveiled a $10-million renovation of its indoor and outdoor public space.
“We are thrilled that this beautiful Austin property has been greatly enhanced with the multi-million-dollar investment by our hotel ownership, which has transformed our public spaces inside and out,” said Rob Gillette, the property’s general manager.
Highlights of the renovation include:
- New colours, carpet, lighting, sound systems, digital reader boards and artwork in all of the hotel’s meeting and event space, which has been expanded to 81,000 square feet;
- a cutting-edge cycling room;
- expanded fitness center stocked with all new equipment;
- a new concierge lounge on the lobby level named The R Club;
- a new hospitality suite – the Governor Suite – on the top floor;
- and updated and enhanced design features throughout the hotel lobby and atrium, including new carpeting, lighting, furniture, wallcoverings, and decor.
A new signature feature, The Lawn at Glass Oaks, recently opened on the south side of the hotel. It showcases a landscaped green space and shade trees, and a new 3,600-square-foot glass event space facing the arboretum ridge line terrace. A large ledge stone fire pit surrounded by Adirondack chairs provides a rustic and relaxing setting for the enjoyment of groups and guests.
In addition, a new attraction in the atrium space at the hotel, Choza, opened in September. In the morning Choza offers coffees, freshly made tortillas, pastries and breakfast tacos, and at night, a tequila bar, craft tacos, local spirits and margarita specialties. Choza is a new concept that includes a rusted tin roof, thematic finishes and surrounding furniture.
The hotel will also experience further enhancements coming later this fall. The Knotty Deck & Bar restaurant will be expanded with an outdoor pergola featuring lush vine greenery, lights and misting fans. The hotel’s outdoor pool will be transformed into a more resort-style space, with enlarged deck size, an outdoor spa, a second fire pit and all new outdoor furniture throughout. The hotel looks forward to unveiling these new spaces to provide an even more exceptional experience for its guests.