SITE is now accepting submissions for its 2021 Crystal Awards program.
The awards are open to incentive travel professionals all over the world. The deadline for submitting an application is July 27, 2021. The awards will be presented at the 2022 SITE Global Conference, which will be held January 27-30, 2022 in Dublin, Ireland. Visit siteglobal.com for information on eligibility, fees, and more.
Recognizing the deep disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s edition features two brand new categories: Best Virtual Motivational Experience and Best Stand-Alone Virtual Motivational Event. The Most Creative Solution Deployed at a Time of Crisis category, introduced in 2020, will also be retained.
These categories join the program’s original four categories:
- Best Destination-Based Experiential Incentive Travel Program
- Excellence in Incentive Travel: Africa/Middle East, Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, and Latin America/Caribbean.
- Most Effective Incentive Marketing Campaign
- Most Impactful Effort Toward Corporate Social Responsibility as Part of an Incentive Program OR Most Environmentally Sustainable Incentive
Launched in 1980, the Crystal Awards showcase the best of the best in incentive travel. While they continue to recognize innovation, creativity and excellence in the delivery of incentive travel and motivational events, they are now spotlighting:
- how well the reward and recognition experience delivered on corporate and organizational objectives, particularly company culture;
- how nimbly, creatively and effectively the reward and recognition program or process adapted to the pandemic;
- and how destinations and destination suppliers found new ways to showcase their products and services to incentive travel professionals.
All entries are awarded points based on the criteria outlined in each specific category. There are 100 total points possible. Entries must receive at least an average of 85+ points to be eligible to win. If all entrants for a specific category do not meet the minimum point requirement, that category will not have a winner. There may be multiple winners per category. Winners and non-winners will be notified of their status in early September 2021.
All entries are evaluated by a minimum of three judges. The panel of judges consists of reputable and experienced industry leaders in all disciplines, who remain anonymous until the Crystal Awards Ceremony.
Please note, to ensure the transparent, impartial and fair judgment of all entries, name/company name/picture/logos must NOT appear anywhere on the entry. Applications displaying the applicant company name will be disqualified. Displaying the client name (end-user) anywhere on the application is permitted but is not mandatory.