The Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE) celebrated outstanding incentive travel programs and exceptional chapter and individual contributions at its 2019 Global Conference.
Seventeen awards were given out at the conference, which was held January 11-14 at the Shangri-La Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand.
The celebration started with the presentation of the SITE Crystal Awards, the association’s recognition program honouring organizations that delivered exceptional programs for participants and measurable results for clients.
In Bangkok, seven companies were honoured for creativity in program design, marketing, corporate social responsibility and business results. The 2018 Crystal Award winners are:
The association also recognized individual members and chapter organizations that have made exceptional contributions to the association and the incentive travel industry at large. The 2018 winners are:
- Member of the Year | WINNER – Benoit Sauvage, DMCP, CMP, CIS, CEO Connect DMC: This award is presented to a volunteer who has left an indelible mark on SITE throughout the year. Sauvage was honoured for working year-round to grow and promote SITE while working as the CEO of Connect DMC, located in the Dominican Republic and Mexico, with offices in Punta Cana, Santo Domingo and Los Cabos. A certified Sustainable Event Professional, he is a member of the SITE Global and Events Industry Council sustainability committees and a winner of the IMEX Green Award. In addition, he is president of the SITE Caribbean & Florida chapter.
- Kevin Forde Spirit Award | WINNER – Krzysztof Michniewicz, CIS, President, ICP Group: This award is given each year to a SITE member who exemplifies the traits Kevin Forde was known and respected for: generosity of time and energy for his fellow incentive travel professionals and volunteer roles. A past Crystal Award Winner, Michniewicz is president of the board, ICP Group S.A., Warsaw, Poland.
- Richard Ross Past-President’s Award | WINNER – Steve O’Malley, Division President, Maritz Travel, St. Louis, Missouri: This award is presented by the SITE past presidents in memory of past president and long-time member Richard Ross, who died in the September 11 terrorist attacks in New York City. It recognizes an individual or organization that has furthered the vision, ideals and ethics of SITE. O’Malley is passionate about the meetings and incentive travel industry and helping transform people and business through the event experience. He is the 2019 chair of MPI’s International Board of Directors.
- David Riddell Memorial Scholarship | WINNERS – Sandra Fahy, Corporate and Incentive, Dublin Convention Bureau, Ireland; Yingzhe Zhao, student, The Australia National University, Canberra, Australia: This award was created in memory of SITE past president David Riddell to provide an opportunity for worthy individuals to attend the annual conference. Fahy and Zhao were selected by the SITE Foundation for their enthusiasm and dedication to developing themselves as well as the future of the incentive travel industry.
- Chapter of the Year | WINNER – SITE Canada
- Excellence in Education | WINNER – SITE Southern California
- Excellence in Special Event | WINNER – SITE Chicago
- Excellence in Membership | WINNER – SITE Ireland
- Excellence in Young Leaders | WINNER – SITE Chicago
SITE’s 2020 Global Conference will be held next January in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.