The 122 all-villa Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is now open.
“Asia Pacific is enjoying a golden age of travel, and the launch of Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is part of the growing momentum of Hilton’s Luxury and Lifestyle portfolio throughout the region,” said Alan Watts, president, Asia Pacific, Hilton. “This is especially significant as the Maldives becomes an increasingly popular destination for global travelers.”
The property is set on three interconnected islands. Each beach, reef and overwater villa opens onto either a white sand beach or an expansive deck and features a private infinity pool with uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean.
The resort also features two Stella Maris Ocean Villas, accessible only by boat. These villas have floor-to-ceiling windows and direct ocean access.
However, the height of exclusivity is the Ithaafushi Private Island. Accessible only by yacht, the 32,000-square-metre island is home to a four-bedroom residence, three-bedroom beach villa and a two-bedroom overwater villa. It comes with a dedicated chef and personal concierge team, an overwater spa and gym, five swimming pools, an entertainment centre and pristine beaches.
On the f&b front, the resort has 11 specialty-dining venues, including:
- The Ledge, the island’s barbeque grill restaurant, developed by Dave Pynt, the chef behind Singapore’s Michelin-starred restaurant Burnt Ends;
- Terra, located on the island’s highest point and featuring private dining pods crafted from natural bamboo;
- The Rock, a rustic wine cellar and dining experience set in a carved-out space;
- Yasmeen, a multi-room restaurant focused on Middle Eastern Cuisine;
- Li Long, serving contemporary Chinese cuisine in a building inspired by the design of Shanghainese noble residences:
- and Glow, which is set in a greenhouse-like structure and celebrates the concept of interactive garden-to-table dining.
The resort also offers a spa (treatments in overwater or garden villa), a 40-metre Mirror Pool, fitness centre, and water sport and PADI dive centre.
“We aim to surpass the expectations of today’s luxury traveller with the introduction of our fifth Waldorf Astoria property in Asia Pacific,” said Dino Michael, global head, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. “Our guests are searching for new and extraordinary experiences during their travels, and we are confident that this latest luxury destination in the Maldives provides the perfect setting for our guest to Live Unforgettable.”
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi is located at Ithaafushi Island, South Malé Atoll, Republic of Maldives. It is a short 30-minute yacht journey from Malé International Airport.
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is part of Hilton. The brand consists of more than 30 luxury properties in landmark destinations around the world.