MGM Resorts has launched a comprehensive plan to facilitate the safe return of meetings and conventions at its properties in Las Vegas and throughout the United States.
“Convene with Confidence” builds on the company’s Seven-Point Safety Plan to provide a comprehensive approach to health and safety. It is subject to local regulations and restrictions.
“The health and safety of all who pass through our doors is our highest priority. Convene with Confidence represents the culmination of everything we’ve learned, cutting-edge technology and months of consultation with experts,” said MGM Resorts’ CEO and president Bill Hornbuckle. “With this program, we are taking another step forward in safely providing a level of entertainment, amenities and service not seen since before the pandemic began.”
Standard elements of the Convene with Confidence program include:
- Planning: Virtual site inspections and careful pre-planning of event, meal and break times to safely optimize guest movement throughout meeting spaces. Various types of events offered include virtual, hybrid or in-person.
- Arrival: Pre-registration provided in advance and digitally. Where registration desks and queuing are required, scheduling and physical distancing are implemented and clearly indicated.
- Cleaning and disinfecting: High touchpoints cleaned and disinfected regularly; single-use amenities disposed of daily; hand sanitizer available in high traffic areas. Mandalay Bay received accreditation by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a validation of its cleaning protocols.
- Physical distancing: Facilities and floor plans adjusted to meet physical distancing requirements and evolve as needed.
- Dining and Break Refresh: Various styles of meal services offered, with an extended menu of pre-packaged options, distributed by servers and attendants.
In addition, the company is offering optional services through partnerships with CLEAR, a biometric secure identity company, and Impact Health, a leading provider of healthcare services for high-volume events.
CLEAR’s new Health Pass technology was used in the National Hockey League’s successful return to play at the Stanley Cup Playoffs in Toronto and Edmonton. It is a touchless product that links verified identity with COVID-19 health insights (a real-time health questionnaire, COVID-related test results, temperature checks, etc.) via integrated kiosks.
Impact Health offers a rapid, portable, molecular, point-of-care COVID-19 test.
Together the partnerships provide an optional COVID-19 testing protocol that delivers results within approximately 20 minutes and allows event organizers to create a perimeter for their events and exhibitions.
Download full details of the Convene with Confidence program here.