The Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB) has developed a solution for planners and conference organizers who would like to know more about the city but don’t have the time to travel to Australia.
The Melbourne Virtual Site Visit, which was launched at IMEX Frankfurt last week, combines technologically advanced virtual reality and comprehensive immersive experiences showcasing various aspects of Melbourne and the state of Victoria as a leading business events destination.
Created in partnership with Business Events Australia through its Advance Program, the Virtual Site Visit mirrors the standard site visit offering for international association clients and PCOs who conduct inspections as part of their planning process. It also delivers information on what delegates can see and do in Melbourne.
Beverley Williamson, MCB’s general manager of business development, explained that the new tool was created to address two major pain points: time spent away from the office for organizing committees, and the increasing costs of international travel.
“The opportunity to experience Melbourne anywhere and anytime on any device is pretty amazing,” she said.
The Melbourne Virtual Site Visit features:
- “Choose your own adventure” navigation, which allows the viewer to explore the scene without interference or guidance.
- 10 journeys, each of which highlights experiences including MCB partners showcasing Melbourne as a first-choice business events destination.
- A fully immersive experience from arrival at Melbourne Airport to pre/post touring opportunities in the city and beyond, to hotels, venues, convention centre and Melbourne as a knowledge hub.
- Fast facts and image gallery features providing more details to assist decision makers.
- The opportunity to meet members of Melbourne’s business events industry as they introduce their venue.
For a sneak peek of Melbourne in 360 visit https://app.situ360.com/76fe61/1226