Scheduled to open in 2025, Fairmont Orlando will be the brand’s 20th property in the United States, joining a portfolio that includes brand flagships such as Fairmont Copley Plaza in Boston, Fairmont San Francisco and the recently reimagined Fairmont Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
The property will be located on 30 acres in the heart of Orlando’s entertainment district near several premier attractions and just 20 minutes from Orlando International Airport. The seven-story property will feature 550 guestrooms, including 90 suites, 12 villas, and 87 Fairmont Gold rooms. The brand’s signature Fairmont Gold experience will be offered on the top floor and includes an expansive 5,000 square foot private lounge.
Other planned property highlights include:
- Seven distinct food and beverage concepts, including a 140-seat signature restaurant, a specialty Mediterranean restaurant, an upscale steakhouse, a gourmet café, and various bars and lounges offering both indoor and outdoor seating;
- 12,000-square-foot spa and wellness center with seven treatment rooms, a gym and two hot tubs;
- more than 44,000 square feet of meetings and events space;
- three swimming pools including a lazy river and an adults-only pool;
- and a library, business center, and retail space.
“We are pleased to announce that we are bringing the celebrated Fairmont brand to the lively city of Orlando, one of the most visited destinations in the U.S.,” said heather McCrory, CEO, Accor North & Central America. “The signing of this new development demonstrates Accor’s expertise in the luxury segment and emphasizes our sustained commitment to expanding our footprint in strategic markets throughout North America. Fairmont Orlando will be a notable addition to Accor’s growing luxury portfolio in the region and is poised to become a prominent hotel in Orlando catering to the most discerning of travelers.”
Development Ventures Group (DEVEN) will serve as the developer. It has selected three internationally recognized design firms to lead master planning and design for the property: Atlanta-based Smallwood Architects (architectural design); California- and New York-based SFA Design (hotel interiors); and Toronto-based Studio Paolo Ferrari (design of all restaurants). These design firms will work in close collaboration with Accor’s Luxury Design & Technical Services team.