Oceania Cruises is introducing a new spa concept across all of its six ships this winter.
The luxury cruise line reports that its new Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center—part of the brand’s continued OceaniaNEXT enhancements—will be “the most unique and comprehensive spa and wellness center at sea.”
“Our guests love balance—they’re active, they’re leading rich and fulfilled lives. For them, wellness is not a pursuit, it’s a lifestyle,” says Bob Binder, president and CEO, Oceania Cruises. “People are not just living longer, they are living healthier and better and that’s why Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center is the perfect fit for the Oceania Cruises guest.”
The new concept was developed from top to bottom by Oceania, which drew inspiration from guest input as well as its belief in the fundamental benefits of travel and discovery. The centers will offer a range of programs and services that support all dimensions of wellness from restorative body treatments to nourishing menu choices and enlightening adventures ashore.
Rejuvenating treatments and medi-spa services available include:
- Restorative Himalayan Salt Stone Massage – Warm salt stones are bathed in aromatics selected by the guest and used to diffuse negative energy, reduce stress and alleviate muscle tension.
- Acupuncture – A certified acupuncturist will be onboard to effectively treat an array of symptoms and conditions such as insomnia, weight gain, anxiety and pain management.
- Dysport® Wrinkle Treatments – A treatment to soften fine lines and wrinkles on the upper face that lasts for up to four months.
Lifestyle seminars and Wellness Discovery Tours by Aquamar offered, include:
- Reflexology (foot therapy) treatment aboard a rice barge cruising the calm waters of Chao Phraya River in Bangkok, Thailand.
- A session of yoga, pranayama breathing and mindful meditation combined with a gourmet luncheon at a picturesque boutique winery, Viña Casa Marin, in Santiago de Chile (San Antonio), Chile.
- A visit to a beekeeping farm in the Andalusian countryside (Cádiz, Spain), during which guests will discover the advantages of apitherapy and the benefits of honeybee products, such as raw honey, pollen, royal jelly and even been venom.
The Aquamar experience also extends to the line’s f&b offerings. Healthy and flavourful Aquamar Vitality Cuisine can be enjoyed in The Grand Dining Room in addition to extensive plant-based and vegetarian dishes. Freshly pressed juices, smoothies and energy bowls will be served in the only cold-pressed raw juice and smoothie bars at sea. Sample dishes include:
- Breakfast – Green apple müesli with pistachios, pecans and yellow raisins; avocado toast on rustic farmer’s bread
- Lunch – Wakame sesame salad; Hawaiian poke bowl
- Dinner – Som tam green papaya kelp noodle salad; roasted butternut squash with arugula, mango, black radish and hearts of palm.
These offerings are complemented with access to a state-of-the-art fitness center and a range of complimentary fitness classes (yoga, Pilates, cycling, circuit-based training, etc.).
The schedule for rolling out the new centers is:
- Riviera | December 5, 2019
- Sirena | December 7, 2019
- Nautica | December 7, 2019
- Regatta | January 6, 2020
- Insignia | January 8, 2020
- Marina | January 22, 2020