1 Hotel San Francisco is now welcoming guests.
Located on the Embarcadero, directly across the street from San Francisco Bay, the 186-key hotel is the luxury hospitality brand’s second property in California.
“1 Hotel San Francisco is an inspiring example of what our brand stands for,” said Barry Sternlicht, the founder of 1 Hotels and CEO and chairman of Starwood Capital Group. “It is a tangible extension of our vision and purpose: to place holistic wellness at the forefront of our operations for our guests, local communities, and the planet. This vibrant and eclectic city has long been at the forefront of driving sustainable change in architecture and design. Inspired by that rich history, our goal is to infuse an urban oasis with the natural beauty of the Northern California landscape and the sensibility of this dynamic community.”
The hotel pays homage to the regional environment with an earth-tone color palette, raw materials, and layered textures. Notable design details include:
- A reclaimed wood lobby floor made from lumber salvaged from historic barns and industrial buildings.
- Elevator landings and corridors adorned with sustainably sourced redwood salvaged from the original San Francisco Bay Bridge.
- The use of native greenery, exposed brick, warm terracotta accents, and rustic stones to introduce elements of the natural world and reference the city’s unique urban ecology.
- Hand-loomed rugs and carpets created from natural plant fibers and recyclable wool.
- Features (bar, latticework, bar façade, etc.) made from concrete, responsibly crafted by a local family-run business, amid salvaged driftwood artwork.
1 Hotel San Francisco also features a rooftop chef’s garden and apiary; an indoor/outdoor café and lounge called Terrene (opening later this summer); a full-service Bamford wellness spa; a 24/7 fitness centre – The Field House – with state-of-the-art weight training and cardio equipment, including Peloton bikes; and 5,074 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event spaces.
“We are very excited to be partnering with the 1 Hotels team to bring a new level of service and luxury hospitality experience to San Francisco,” said Jon E. Bortz, chairman, president and CEO of Pebblebrook Hotel Trust. “Pebblebrook is committed to ensuring our hotels are operated in an environmentally sustainable manner, and that the socio-cultural fabric of the communities in which our properties reside is celebrated. As a leader in luxury sustainability, 1 Hotel San Francisco will also set a new standard of excellence for its commitment to sustainable initiatives and the greater San Francisco community.”