Accor has created a new wellbeing platform—ALL Meet Well—to address and meet the health security concerns of planners, delegates, attendees and guests at its properties across North and Central America.
To develop the platform, Accor evaluated all touchpoints in the planner/attendee event journey, partnered with top experts, and invested in research, new standards of safety, and enhanced protocols and procedures.
These protocols follow the guidelines issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), American Hotel and Lodging Association (AHLA), and U.S. Travel Association as well as local health and government authorities. In addition, they have been validated by the program’s expert advisory partners.
Meeting-specific initiatives include:
- Gloved and masked welcome greeters, who will hand attendees masks and hand sanitizer upon arrival and manage queues to promote physical distancing.
- Mandatory screening of all attendees (may include temperature check)
- Gathering spaces rearranged to facilitate physical distancing.
- Signage and markers communicating physical distancing protocols in gathering spaces.
- Masks and gloves for all meeting and event staff (front and back of house)
- All furniture and equipment in meeting room sanitized before and after every meeting or event
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting with EPA-registered chemicals, proven effective in preventing the transmission of COVID-19, with special attention to high-touchpoints
- All setups will allow 6’ between chairs
- Increased outdoor and private spaces available for meetings and events
- Promote hybrid AV technology options to support all delegates, regardless of location
- Larger aisles and directional signage for one-way aisles
- Mandatory screening (may include temperature check) for all employees upon arrival
The platform’s expert advisors are:
- Amesh Adalja, senior scholar, Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security & spokesman for the Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Ruth Petran, Ph. D., CFS, senior corporate scientist, Food Safety and Public Health, Ecolab
- Ben Conway, MSTM, principal technical account specialist, Research Development and Engineerin, Ecolab
- Andrea Torrance, senior vice-president, Guest Experience, Accor North & Central America
- Brett Patterson, senior vice-president, Food & Beverages, Accor North & Central America
- Jeff Doane, senior vice-president, Sales & Marketing, Accor North & Central America
- Marc Cassier, CMP, vice-president, Event Sales & Services, Accor North & Central America