Conrad Los Angeles, the first Conrad Hotels & Resorts property in California, began welcoming guests this month.
Designed by legendary architect Frank Gehry with interior design from Tara Bernerd & Partners, the contemporary Conrad Los Angeles is home to two original food and beverage concepts from Chef José Andrés and ThinkFoodGroup, the cutting-edge Conrad Spa Los Angeles, and views and proximity to some of the city’s most prominent cultural venues including Walt Disney Concert Hall.
“We are excited to expand Hilton’s West Coast presence with the debut of the first Conrad Hotels & Resorts property in California, one of our largest growing markets in the U.S.,” said Danny Hughes, executive vice-president and president, Americas, Hilton. “This is a monumental occasion as we open the doors to this incredible property amid downtown Los Angeles’ development boom.”
Highlights of the property include:
An undulating ceiling in the lobby that echoes the rhythms of the building’s façade;
- A lobby arrival bar made out of polished and glazed molten lava that is 11,000 years old;
- A curated collection of artwork in the reception and lobby spaces that showcases prominent local artists such as Mimi Jung, Ben Medansky and Brian Wills;
- Guestrooms featuring a mix of wide-planked pale oak floors and natural linen walls;
- the 7,000-square-foot Conrad Spa Los Angeles, which has seven treatment rooms, an enlightenment lounge, infrared sauna, recovery cabins, and more;
- and a 16,000-square-foot rooftop terrace with an expansive pool deck, which overlooks downtown Los Angeles and The Grand LA.
The property also has 12,000 square feet of contemporary events and meeting spaces, including a 4,800-square-foot ballroom with pre-function space and a connecting terrace.
“The opening of Conrad Los Angeles establishes a new category of luxury hospitality in downtown LA inviting travelers to immerse themselves in the neighbourhood’s world-class art and entertainment venues like never before,” said Rick Vogel, executive vice-president, Related Companies. “Whether you are coming from across town or around the world, Conrad has delivered a one-of-a-kind, culture and wellness-infused experience that offers guests an entirely new perspective on our great City.”