Eclipse at Half Moon is scheduled to reopen on October 1.
The latest addition to Jamaica’s iconic Half Moon resort had just opened this spring when it had to close due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting border closings. It features 57 new accommodations, an infinity-edge pool, a natural swimming cove, and seven bars and restaurants.”Eclipse is a celebration of Jamaican culture and the country’s incredible natural beauty,” said Greg Pirkle, managing director, Half Moon. “We look forward to once again welcoming guests to enjoy Half Moon’s luxury of space and legacy of excellence.”
Eclipse at Half Moon is one of three resort options under the Half Moon brand. Founders Cove at Half Moon incorporates the historic Half Moon accommodations (Hibiscus, Ocean Court and the West Cottages) centred on the gently-curved Sunset Beach that inspired the resort’s name. It is set to reopen on December 15, 2020. Rose Hall Villas at Half Moon is comprised of 27 five-, six- and seven-bedroom self-catering villas. Along with the Robert Trent Jones-designed golf course and other amenities, they reopened in June when Jamaica reopened its borders. Each villa features spacious living and dining areas, outdoor living space, a private pool and a dedicated staff (butler, housekeeper and cook).
The resort has reopened with a new set of health and safety protocols in place. Our Commitment to Your Well-Being was developed by the resort following recommendations outlined by the Jamaican government, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Eclipse at Half Moon highlights
Eclipse features a variety of luxury accommodations located in three areas. Estate Homes offer maximum flexibility, including four bedrooms with private entrances, butler pantry, large great room, island contemporary furnishings, indoor/outdoor showers, and living and dining terraces. The Ocean Rooms feature views of the Caribbean Sea, luxury bathrooms, reading nooks, colourful artwork and expansive verandahs or terraces with daybeds. The resort’s signature Great House Ocean Suite has an open-plan design with up to two bedrooms, a classically-appointed living area, an elegant dining area, and a sweeping balcony.
Eclipse also features seven new restaurants and bars:
- Lester’s Bar offers a sophisticated setting, molecular cocktails and diverse selection of Caribbean rums;
- Delmar delivers a refined Italian seafood culinary experience with a dinner menu created from local and fresh ingredients;
- Hayward’s features chef action stations and several outdoor dining areas;
- North Pointe Bar & Grill, which overlooks the resort’s infinity pool and serves light fare and specialty cocktails;
- Spice and Hammock Bar provide casual cuisine and cocktails along a section of the property’s two miles of beachfront;
- and the Maakit, which offers takeaway snacks, coffees, teas and retail items by local artisans.
Managed by Salamander Hotels & Resorts, Half Moon was founded 65 years ago and is rated one of Jamaica’s top properties.