EMA Marketing executive director Liz Akey, CMP, has been appointed Canadian sales and marketing representative (leisure and MICE markets) for the JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa in Costa Rica.
The resort is scheduled to reopen on November 1, 2020. It is offering a new all-inclusive package exclusively for Canadians.
Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the property is part of the 4,500-acre Hacienda Pinilla development, which includes a historic ranch property, pristine beaches and is surrounded by Costa Rican biodiversity.
Sustainably designed in the authentic hacienda luxury style of the region, its walls are made of stones handpicked from local rivers and its windows and doors are made of wood from sustainable forest plantations. The property is proud to have earned a four-leaf Certification of Sustainable Tourism (CST), which shows its commitment to preserving the environment and ecotourism.
The resort offers 290 deluxe guestrooms, 19 suites and one Presidential Suite. Each room has a spacious private bathroom with a separate tub and stand-alone shower, private balcony or patio. Amenities include high-speed Internet access, 32-inch flat-screen TV, iron and ironing board, bathrobe, minibar, Marriott’s new luxury bedding, aromatherapy bathroom products and a water bottle to use at the resort’s water stations.
Other highlights of the resort are:
- five restaurants ranging from Asian fusion and a casual grill to a genuine Guanacaste steakhouse and a main restaurant serving Costa Rican and international cuisine;
- three bars, including the Azul Pool Bar and the Sand Bar (lobby);
- infinity pool;
- approximately 7,400 square feet of meeting space across four rooms;
- eight outdoor event areas;
- access to the par 72, 18-hole Hacienda Pinilla Golf Course (next door to the resort);
- and a wide range of activities and experiences (nature walks on the resort’s trail circuit), wild animal watching, yoga class, biking, surfing, mixology class, astronomy observatory and more).
In addition, the resort’s spa has been rated as one of the top five spas in Latin America. It has 18 treatment rooms, plunge pools, therapy baths and separate men’s and women’s lounges. There is also a state-of-the-art fitness centre.