Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun, the newest addition to the Hyatt Ziva portfolio, officially opened on September 22, 2021.
Operated by Playa Hotels & Resorts, the 438-room all-inclusive resort is nestled between the Caribbean Sea and the lagoon of Bahia Petempich.
“We’re thrilled that Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun is welcoming guests and World of Hyatt members to experience the Hyatt Ziva brand in Mexico, a key leisure destination this year,” said Frank Lavey, senior vice-president of Global Operations, Hyatt. “This addition to the Hyatt Ziva portfolio offers a sophisticated, multi-generational stay in the exciting Riviera Cancun region.”
“With elevated amenities along with Playa’s award-winning Service from the Heart and an extraordinary destination, Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun represents the very best in all-inclusive luxury,” said Fernando Mulet, executive vice-president and chief development officer, Playa Hotels & Resorts. “Since partnering with Hyatt less than a decade ago, the family-friendly Hyatt Ziva and adults-only Hyatt Zilara brands have become the premier all-inclusive experiences throughout Mexico and the Caribbean. We look forward to expanding our footprint together with Hyatt and our investment partners.”
Highlights of the property include:
- Spacious guestrooms with private balconies, spa-like bathrooms, hot tubs, turndown service, high-tech entertainment and complimentary minibars.
- 17 globally inspired and locally authentic restaurants, bars, and lounges.
- Nine swimming pools including an ocean-view pool and a large water park with tall slides and a kid’s pool.
- A two-storey Zen Spa inspired by pre-Hispanic Mayan culture with 13 indoor and eight outdoor treatment rooms designed to reflect the natural scenery.
- Fitness center with state-of-the-art amenities.
In addition, Hyatt Ziva Riviera Cancun has more than 51,000 square feet of meeting and event space and offers state-of-the-art technology services and event planning staff to support all business event needs. The largest indoor space is the 5,286-square-foot Granada Ballroom, which can accommodate 450 guests for a cocktail reception and 300 for a banquet. Outside spaces include the pool area (14,135 square feet/capacity – 500 for cocktails), several gardens, an over-water gazebo, and the property’s beach.