IHG’s Meet with Confidence program, which debuted in 2020, has been enhanced to include resources, technology and tools for hybrid events.
These enhancements simultaneously connect multiple hotel locations to regional and global business and leisure events through live streaming, creating more shared experiences for virtual and in-person attendees.
In addition, the company has formed partnerships in the United States with Wellness 4 Humanity, Williams Sonoma and weframe. These partners will offer solutions, including rapid onsite COVID-19 testing, customized food and beverage experiences and technology to enable digital collaboration.
“There is a strong desire to return to face-to-face meetings, and welcoming groups back to our hotels is going to take a team effort from those planning events,” said Derek DeCross, senior vice-president, Global Sales, IHG Hotels & Resorts. “We’re committed to helping provide quality meeting experiences to give the attendees the confidence they need to feel secure attending in-person events, if that’s the option they choose. With our enhanced technology and new partnerships, we’re confident we have the right options in place for virtual attendees to still experience a best-in-class meeting from our hotels.”
IHG’s Meet with Confidence program now includes five pillars, which include all aspects of planning and execution. They are:
- Clean and Safe: Enhanced cleanliness, social distancing and safety measures at all times
- Simplified: Streamlined contracting and planning, plus peace of mind with no cancellation or attrition fees
- Hybrid: Technology support and bandwidth to host seamless hybrid meetings and events
- Delicious: Satisfying food and beverage options delivered safely
- Rewarding: Flexible offers with rebates and IHG Business Rewards points
The enhanced program offers two hybrid event solutions—Smart and Expert.
The Smart Solution is available at participating IHG Hotels & Resorts globally, except in Greater China. It offers:
- IHG Way of Clean: These are the enhanced cleanliness, social distancing and safety measures implemented at all hotels that are the core of the program.
- Onsite rapid COVID-19 testing: Provided by Wellness 4 Humanity, this testing solution is an option for meeting planners.
- Digital collaboration technology: This interactive 86-foot touch screen (shown in photo at the top of this post) uses a cloud-based technology that allows onsite and remote participants to work collaboratively.
The Expert Solution, initially available at nearly 100 hotels in the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia, gives planners the opportunity to upgrade the Smart Solution with additional services, including:
- Virtual Technology Experiences: A full suite of hybrid meeting capabilities allowing in-person and virtual attendees to connect, in addition to advanced audio-visual production and multi-venue linking.
- Curated Food and Beverage Experiences: Williams Sonoma has an exclusive catalogue of specialty food, drinks and dessert experiences for virtual attendees. Delivered to offsite attendees, this gives all participants a shared meeting experience with opportunities for personalization.
Special booking offers are now available for both solutions.