Hyatt’s independent collection brands are growing globally.
“With each new hotel opening under Hyatt’s three independent collection brands, we are encouraging unique discovery of the local culture or history of the hotel’s location, truly illustrating the spirit of these three distinct brands,” said Katie Johnson, global brand leader, independent collection, Hyatt. “Learning from our guests, members, and customers is key to Hyatt. Each of these hotels accelerates our efforts to expand our independent collections in markets that reach travelers and surprise locals with captivating experiences.”
Expected independent collection brands 2021 openings
Planned new hotel openings in 2021 across Hyatt’s independent collection of brands include properties in key markets across the globe, notably the first JdV by Hyatt hotels in Canada and Sweden, as well as:
Hôtel du Palais Biarritz, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Biarritz, France): Hôtel du Palais, the only hotel classified as a Palace on France’s Atlantic Coast, will soon emerge from a meticulous restoration to further enhance the majesty and elegance of this exceptional hotel while preserving the spirit of its prestigious 19th century design and architecture. Hôtel du Palais Biarritz expects to reopen its doors in late March 2021 for the season, through October 31, 2021. After completing the final phase of its extensive renovation, the hotel plans to resume operations again in summer 2022.
Mission Pacific Hotel, a JdV by Hyatt hotel and The Seabird Resort, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Oceanside, California): Both properties are set to open in Spring 2021 in Oceanside, California. The two adjacent hotels will have distinctly different personalities and comprise the newest and largest oceanfront resort development in San Diego County constructed in more than half a century, collectively spanning 700 feet of beachfront property.
The casually upscale 226-room Seabird Resort will be a classic oceanfront resort. It will offer an expansive pool with an indoor/outdoor living room, Chef Kurtis Habecker’s inventive seasonal cuisine, nearly 20,000 square feet of spectacular ocean view meeting and celebration spaces, and an expansive spa.
Mission Pacific Hotel will be the ultimate bohemian-chic coastal experience. It will offer 161 guestrooms, immersive biking, skating and surfing experiences, in addition to bold culinary moments and spectacular ocean views across the property. Embodying the quintessential SoCal spirit, the hotel will be home to Oceanside’s only rooftop pool and bar, along with the Historic Graves House.
The Shay, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Culver City, California): The Shay, a 148-room boutique hotel at the new Ivy Station development in the heart of Culver City, California is slated to open in Summer 2021. Ivy Station will offer thoughtfully curated shops, unique and exciting dining, as well as a variety of high-end wellness amenities.
Commune by the Great Wall, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Beijing, China): Commune by the Great Wall is currently undergoing an extensive renovation and is expected to welcome guests in April 2021. Comprised of 175 guestrooms including 36 villas, Commune by the Great Wall is an exclusive collection of contemporary architecture designed by 12 renowned Asian architects. Located in a picturesque valley amid lush mountains in rural Beijing, the hotel is connected by a private path to an unrestored section of the Great Wall, offering guests a unique experience at one of China’s most celebrated UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Hyatt also plans to add JdV by Hyatt and Destination by Hyatt brand hotels in more locations that matter most to guests and members. Additional properties expected to open or join Hyatt in 2021 include:
- Banyan Cay Resort and Golf, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (West Palm Beach, Florida)
- A hotel in Jingdezhen, China, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Jingdezhen, China)
- The Langbo Chengdu, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Chengdu, China)
- El Capitan Hotel, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Merced, California)
- Story Hotel Riddargatan, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Story Hotel Signalfabriken, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Story Hotel Studio Malmö, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Malmö, Sweden)
- The Anndore House, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Toronto)
- The Walper, a JdV by Hyatt hotel (Toronto)
- The Sweetgrass Inn at Wild Dunes, a Destination by Hyatt hotel (Isle of Palms, South Carolina)
- A hotel in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Looking Ahead, Executed Franchise and Management Agreements
By 2025, Hyatt’s independent collection of brands expect to welcome several new properties including The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand’s entry into Japan, Thailand and Mexico, as well as:
- Hotel La Compañia, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Panama City, Panama)
- Grand Hansa Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Helsinki, Finland)
- Rancho Pescadero, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Todos Santos, Mexico)
- A hotel in Tongli, Suzhou, China, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
- The Barai Hua Hin, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Hua Hin, Thailand)
- The former Byblos Hotel, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Mijas, Spain)
- A hotel near Mount Fuji, Japan, a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt (Shizuoka, Japan)
- A hotel in Hollywood, Calif., a part of The Unbound Collection by Hyatt