Meliá Koh Samui, the first Meliá property in Thailand, has launched a “resort within a resort” called The Level.
“With The Level, we have introduced a resort within a resort that prides itself on both exclusivity and privacy,” said the resort’s general manager, Ernesto Osuna. “Drawing upon our warm and sunny Spanish hospitality, The Level lifts the getaway experience on Koh Samui island to a whole new level.”
The Level sets apart 55 luxurious rooms and suites as well as a private lounge and a raft of bespoke privileges.
- Twenty-four “The Level Pool Access Rooms,” all with private rooms that lead to a 700-metre lagoon pool meandering through the resort’s grounds like a river.
- Thirty two-storey “The Level Boat Suites,” which are made from meticulously refurbished merchant vessels that are more than 100 years old. Six of the boat suites offer vistas of the resort’s two-level infinity pool, with sunken seating areas and in-water lounges, and Choeng Mon Beach beyond. Seven of the boat suites offer direct access to the lagoon pool.
- A 1,679-square-foot Presidential Suite, situated on its own exclusive floor, and featuring a large living room, 10-seat dining table and private balcony overlooking the lagoon pool.
- The Level Lounge, an executive lounge serving all-day snacks and beverages, with a large, open terrace, surrounded by a water feature and offering views of Choeng Mon Beach.
- An upgraded level of service and benefits, including private check-in and check-out at The Level Lounge; welcome amenities (chocolate and fruit); a dedicated concierge service; preferential reservations in the resort’s restaurants and bars by the concierge; and complimentary afternoon tea (2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.) and cocktails and canapes (5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.).
Meliá Koh Samui guests also have access to all the resort’s facilities: two restaurants, swim-up bar, fitness center, ballroom and, for families, a kid’s club, outdoor playground and mini water park.
The resort follows Meliá’s “Stay Safe with Meliá” health, safety and hygiene protocols to protect guests, staff and the local community from COVID-19. It has also obtained the “Amazing Thailand Safety and Health: SHA” certification, developed by Thailand’s Ministry for Tourism in collaboration with public and private sector partners to mitigate the threat of COVID-19 and elevate the country’s tourism industry standards.