Motto by Hilton New York City Chelsea, Hilton’s first lifestyle hotel in New York City and the brand’s first new-build hotel, is now open.
“We are thrilled to welcome guests to Motto New York City Chelsea, a major milestone for this quickly growing brand and perfect addition to Hilton’s burgeoning Lifestyle category,” said Matt Schuyler, Hilton’s chief brand officer. “This hotel exemplifies what it means to be a lifestyle property—it is centrally located in one of the city’s most desirable areas, incorporates unique and modern design elements, and encourages guests to connect with the neighbourhood culture by providing them with authentic and locally-minded experiences.”
Centrally located in the Chelsea Arts District, the 42-storey, 374-room hotel was designed by NYC architecture and design firm Stonehill Taylor.
Motto by Hilton New York City Chelsea offers travel-sized rooms with a sleek, modern design, all of which are equipped with smart technology. The property also features 19 sets of connecting rooms, which give guests the ability to book up to three connecting rooms together.
Other room details include:
- Flexible sleeping setups, including a king Bunkie (bunk bed), a king flex bed that stows into the wall, a king bed, as well as double bunkies with four twin beds in one room.
- Design details to maximize the space, including built-in storage and conveniently located power outlets.
- Tiled bathrooms with premium bath amenities and high-quality showerheads, as well as illuminated vanity mirrors.
Motto Chelsea also offers:
- A full-service restaurant (Bar Cicchetti), craft bar, and lounge designed and operated by Fabio Viviani, Bravo’s “Top Chef” fan favourite and well-known restauranteur.
- A lobby—Motto Commons—that functions as a place to check-in and a gathering space complete with a coffee bar, conversation pit, and a board table that can accommodate up to 10 people.
- A second-floor Commons with an outdoor terrace that can accommodate up to 150 people.
- An on-site fitness center with treadmills, cross-trainers, stationary bicycles, and a Hydrow rowing machine, which provides a realistic rowing experience.