The 493-key Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is once again welcoming guests following an extensive $150 million (USD) renovation and expansion that began in November 2017.
“Barton Creek is a treasured resort within the Omni brand. This newly transformed destination represents our commitment to reinvesting in our portfolio, allowing us to provide exceptional service to our guests,” said Peter Strebel, president of Omni Hotels & Resorts. “With championship golf, premier spa amenities, elevated cuisine and superb meeting spaces, we are poised to offer our guests experiences that match the beauty of the Texas Hill Country.”
Design-build firm The Beck Group led the resort’s evolution as the main architect and construction firm, while Looney & Associates led the interior design. The property’s overall design highlights its history and the lush landscape of Texas Hill Country. One of their key mandates was to bring the outside inside where possible. This design aesthetic is featured in:
- A new arrival and lobby experience;
- freshly-designed guestrooms and suites;
- an all-new conference center with a 14,500-square-foot Brazos Ballroom and a redesigned 8,200-square-foot Darrell K Royal Ballroom;
- a new 5,500-square-foot outdoor event pavilion;
- 23,900 square feet of sweeping event lawns;
- seven new dining outlets (Bob’s Steak & Chop House, Crenshaw’s Bar & Eatery, Jim Bob’s Lobby Lounge, Nopales, Texas Spice, Velvet Joe’s Coffee House & Artisan Wares, and Blind Salamander Kitchen & Bar, opening late summer 2019);
- brand new 13,000-square-foot Mokara Spa with 17 treatment rooms, a private adults-only rooftop pool and light cuisine from the Spa Creek Café;
- an expansive, multi-tiered poolscape with an infinity edge pool featuring sweeping Texas Hill Country views;
- a redesigned tennis complex featuring 10 court with LED lighting for evening play;
- and four newly renovated, championship golf courses.
The property is located 29 kilometres (18 miles) from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.