SLS Cancun, the first SLS Hotels & Residences brand property in Mexico, has opened in the heart of upscale Puerto Cancun.
Developed in partnership with the Related Group and leading Mexican developers Immobilia and U-Calli, the new property is the sixth SLS hotel. Hotel operator Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe oversees its operation.
Key amenities and features of the 45-key luxury property include:
- accommodation options ranging from superior and deluxe guestrooms to one- and two-bedroom suites
- Presidential Suite comprised of three connecting suites offering 2,820 square feet of luxury and comfort and an 860-square-foot terrace with hammock
- 250 metres of beachfront
- an 18-hole Tom Weiskopf-designed golf course
- a beach club
- a private marina with 175 boat slips
- Ciel Spa with four indoor and outdoor treatment rooms
- a restaurant—Leynia—helmed by Chef Jose Icardi and serving Argentinian fusion cuisine
- Altitude Pool & Lounge delivering light fare and signature cocktails poolside
- a Lincoln house car program offering Lincoln Navigators for transportation to and from locations close to the hotel (This marks sbe and Accor’s first international partnership with Lincoln.)
- more than 100 stores and boutiques as well as 16 cinemas
Italian architect Piero Lissoni, who designed the property, said the hotel is like a cocktail. “We’ve incorporated a few different ingredients: mixing the local culture together with that of America and Europe… we’ve bound the style of the latter to that of Mexico—the light and the presence of artworks, antiques and local craftsmanship dialogue with those of other worlds.”
To ensure the health security of its guests and staff, SLS Cancun has made rapid COVID-19 tests available to all guests. The test is complimentary for guests staying three nights or longer.
The introduction of the SLS brand to Mexico follows Accor’s global expansion of its luxury and premium lifestyle portfolio as part of its recent acquisition of sbe’s hotel brands. The property is part of the ALL Accor Live Limitless Loyalty program.
“SLS Cancun takes one of the world’s great getaways and pushes it to the next level,” said Carlos Ancira, chairman and president of Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe. “No matter whether guests are looking to relax on the white-sand beaches, enjoy the diverse shopping options or something else entirely, SLS Cancun offers something for everyone.”