Located in SFO’s Terminal 2, the 165-seat, 8,168-square-foot lounge features a range of premium food, beverages and amenities as well as the airline’s first outdoor terrace.
“We’re thrilled to bring our Maple Leaf Lounge experience to San Francisco International Airport, giving our Bay Area customers a way to enjoy Air Canada’s award-winning product and glowing hearted hospitality from the moment they arrive,” said Jacqueline Harkness, managing director, Products and Services at Air Canada. “It’s one more way we’re investing to become San Francisco’s favorite way to travel internationally.”
The new Maple Leaf Lounge at SFO pays homage to its California location both through its design and decor, and the food and beverage selections presented, which highlight local makers and flavors. Unique seafood offerings, including the iconic San Francisco fish stew cioppino, will be on offer alongside a selection of California wines, and beer from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company and Anchor Brewing—America’s first craft beer.
Amenities and Space Details
- The Lounge, designed with San Francisco-based architectural firm Gensler, is the first of its kind with an outdoor terrace, featuring two vapor fireplaces produced by Canadian company CF + D
- 165 seats (135 interior + 30 exterior)
- E-Gates and biometric identification for seamless, hands-free lounge entry
- Showers with heated towel racks
- VIP room for up to 10 people
- Collection of multidisciplinary art that reflects and pays homage to California and Canada
- Artists featured include Canadian painter Shawn Evans, and a custom mural from California artist Amos Goldbaum
The new space is Air Canada’s latest addition to its growing lounge network. Air Canada has also re-introduced Newark Liberty International Airport to its roster of lounges with the opening of the new United Club℠ location in Newark Terminal A. In this new location, Air Canada will be uniquely co-located within the United Club, offering a dedicated Air Canada customer service desk and an access policy consistent with Air Canada’s Maple Leaf Lounges.
Air Canada’s Maple Leaf lounges, including San Francisco and the new United Club℠ in Newark Terminal A, are available to Air Canada customers who are Aeroplan 50K, 75K, and Aeroplan Super Elite Status members, Star Alliance Gold members, Aeroplan premium co-brand cardholders, and customers departing on a business class ticket with Air Canada or another Star Alliance member.