The first edition of UNITE, a new global virtual trade show for the leisure and MICE industries, will be held September 16-17, 2020.
UNITE is developed and organized by Toronto-based Saleint Inc., which was founded in 2013 by Mahima Tripathi.
Tripathi explains that the show is an opportunity for peers to come together, to collaborate and to keep connections going while making new ones—all things that have been difficult to do in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To date, 18 exhibitors have signed up for the show. They represent North America, South America, North Africa, Europe, the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Asia.
Tripathi explains that the show is built on the pillars of social awareness, collaboration, inclusiveness, unity and responsible tourism. It is also built on innovative technology. The trade show’s key features include:
- 3D animated lobby with moving avatars in the background;
- virtual booths offering video, voice and text chat within the software;
- a virtual briefcase (swag bag) that will allow buyers to collect information from the exhibitors and email it to themselves;
- the ability to exchange virtual business cards between any two attendees;
- online contest and live scoreboard on the two trade show days;
- and informative speaker sessions available live with Q&A sessions and then “on-demand.”
The show can be accessed on any device (laptop, desktop, mobile phone, tablet) via a browser. All that is required is a stable internet connection.
According to Tripathi, exhibitors can expect up to 50 face-to-face virtual meetings with qualified leisure and MICE buyers. In addition, each exhibitor will receive intelligent data on their meetings that will allow for personalization of offerings.
Buyers can expect effective and convenient face-to-face virtual meetings with quality exhibitors, and the opportunity to gather relevant information at the click of the button. In addition, the show will offer speaker sessions, an exclusive “from the eye of a traveller talk series,” and the opportunity to participate in online contests starting in August 2020.
For more information visit saleint.ca/unite/.